Saturday, November 6, 2010

Treasure From Trash

Instead of doing this post, or cleaning my room, or writing my novel, I've spent my morning revisiting old poetry favourites. Falling in love all over again with poets like Nikki Giovanni and Marty McConnell, whose words dig down and rip my insides open; that has been my morning.

An abandoned bicycle lends its pedal to a bit of macro-photography:


On a puddle-jumping expedition on a rainy day, my friend and I spotted an abandoned bicycle hanging off a pole. Something about it just called to me, so I snapped a couple of shots of various aspects of the bicycle. This one was taken using general settings and the macro function, and it's a part of my 'Edges' series.

2 comments:

  1. I like this photo because most people wouldn't think it was worth the effort to photograph and it's those things that make photography so amazing.

    Thank you so much for your offer to visit me. You know what, I would love to meet you. Maybe though I could get leave and we could meet for coffee in the city or something. What do you think? You can say no, or offer an alternative if you like. I am actually at New Farm Clinic right now. It's easy enough to get to by public transport but in a way it would be good to get out.

    Send me an email if you would like sabby120@netspace.net.au and if you would like to meet up, let me know.

    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete