Friday, November 5, 2010

Beauty

The sky is grey, the clouds are heavy, and it's a day for curling up in bed with a movie and your comfort food. Not an option for me, but you should totally go and do it on my behalf!

My beautiful Rhi, at her favourite place in the world:


For a while now, I've wanted to try my hand at more portraiture. I'm not generally that good at telling people what to do, or where to be, so there's a pretty big barrier to that style of photography. However, when Rhi asked me if I would try and get some photos for a project she was doing at the time, it was the perfect opportunity to both help out a friend, and to get some practice. I warned her ahead of time that I could not guarantee I would get anything decent, but with a bit of luck and a lot of photographs taken, there were quite a few she was very happy with. This is one of my favourites of the day, and it is part of several series'.

I took this on general settings but in colour, and when I got home I edited it into black & white with coloured sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment