Monday, January 3, 2011

Surprise Goanna

Good evening! Time's just flying away from me today; instead of being productive I've been watching old NCIS episodes and playing silly games. I decided I'd join in on Project 365 again, even though I'm a couple of days late. Here's hoping that at least one of my P365 photos ends up worthy of posting here. ;)

Goanna sneaking out of his hidey-hole:


I snapped this one at Alma Park Zoo in 2008, after a little bit of climbing(all the best shots require a little creative repositioning). If you don't recognise it, it's an Australian goanna - they're quite large and if you stand too still around them, you're in danger of being mistaken for a tree. (A mistake that would prove rather painful for you as the goanna has very sharp claws.)

When I took this I was using my mother's friend's Canon PowerShot S3 IS, and I don't think I could tell you much else - it was my first time having a play with the camera and my mother's friend couldn't even remember how to zoom on it! I eventually worked that much out. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot! I hate how goannas look like they are really slow and then all of a sudden they move and they are real fast. I agree that I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a tree. Check out the shot I got this morning for my first day back to work on my blog :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete