Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eastern Water Dragon

I cheated and wrote this one up on Wednesday night, thinking I was going to be out and about early on Thursday. I figured it would be better to write it early and schedule it for a 7am posting than to write it late... but as it turned out, it was unnecessary!

Anyway, my Thursday intends to involve a trip to the gym, a Lush bath, and possibly a pumpkin scone, how about yours?


Leapin' lizards, it's an Eastern Water Dragon!:


I was wandering through Southbank one day when I spotted this little poser sunning himself on the wall beneath the pink flowers. Not sure where mum and dad were, but he was quite small.

There's something about skinks and lizards that just calls to me. They're generally fairly harmless and they always seem so friendly and *smart*. I mean, look at him there, watching me! What a sweety.

I snapped this using my lovely Kodak; not sure on most of the settings as I played around with a few that day. I'm fairly certain I used the Macro option, and crept as close as I could without scaring him away. Happily he was not very timid and allowed me to get quite close indeed, as you can see!

3 comments:

  1. My Thursday should contain DBT, individual therapy, lunch out with a good book, a grocery trip, then coming home to a newly cleaned house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I forgot to add: I used to have a belt that said "leapin' lizards" all the way around it, and the belt buckle was Sandy the dog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like the sound of your belt!

    Did your Thursday end up including all of those things? Most of it sounds quite nice, especially the ook and the clean house!

    ReplyDelete