Thursday, October 21, 2010

Light Bursts

Good morning! An early post today: the birds are chirping, the sun is quite possibly shining and I can smell my mother's breakfast toast. None of that bears any resemblance to today's photo, but there you have it.

Some of the September 2010 Riverfire fireworks:


I love fireworks, truly. Sometimes the bangs get to me, but the beautiful colours in the sky are so worth it all. Trying to take photographs of fireworks, on the other hand, sometimes annoys me; especially as I have tendencies towards what is arguably the worst case of camera shake in history - oftentimes, even with the use of a tripod. Every now and then I get a shot that I feel is worth it; during Riverfire this year I even managed to get a couple. This was taken at night (obviously) using my beloved tripod and the "fireworks" setting, and is part of my "fireworks" series.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, this is an awesome shot, I have never had the opportunity to shoot fireworks. One day I will have to :-)

    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! The results of getting a good one are definitely worth it, but I do recommend the use of a tripod. ;)

    ReplyDelete