Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sadness In Her Eyes

I migrated to our lounge-room today while everyone was out in order to get some serious card-making done. As it turns out, I have so far made a single card. It's ten past 6 and everyone else is long home!

Even sad my niece is stunning:


Last year I took my (at the time) 9 year old niece to a pretty awesome playground. After she had a good climb and I'd snapped a few free shots, I got her to pose for a couple so I could practice taking deliberate photographs. This is one of the posed shots where I'd asked her to look sad.

I took this on my camera's portrait setting, I believe, in sepia. This is one of the photographs that was entered into Brisbane's Ekka in 2009. None of mine won, but this is one of the 5 (of 8 submissions) that was placed up on display.

1 comment: